Who can make a nomination?
To nominate you have to be a current paying member of the Club but you can nominate yourself, your child/children, other members, friends in the clubs, parents, volunteers and staff.
What rules do I need to follow?
Here are the general rules you need to be aware of when making a nomination:
- You can nominate any individuals who trains with the Proaction – yourself, your child/children, other members, friends in the clubs, parents, volunteers and staff.
- The actions of the person being nominated must have largely taken place this year (2023).
- Nominations must be done via the online forms Member’s Choice Award and Instructor of the Year Award.
- Please stick to the word count (maximum 400 words). Unfortunately we cannot accept any images, videos or audio.
- Submit your nomination to just one category – putting the same nomination into multiple categories will not improve your nominees’ chances of winning a prize. For example, if you wish to nominate an instructor for Member’s Choice Award you cannot then enter the submission into the Instructor of the Year category.
- You can submit more than one entry for each catgory. For example you can nominiate different instructors for Instrustructor of the Year and yourself, your child or their Club friend in three different entries in the Member’s Choice Award.
- Each nomination will be assessed by an awards panel comprising of Mr Nicholson, Mrs Nicholson and Rachel Ransby, Proaction Communications Manager. The panel will consider all the nominations before drawing up a list of finalists for each award.
- We will notify you by 10th January if your nomination has been successfully shortlisted.
- When the judging panel has concluded the top eight-10 entries will be put out to the Proaction community to vote via social media on who they feel is the most deserving nomination – if your nomination is successful you are allowed to campaign family and friends to vote.
- Nominations for the 2023 awards will open Tuesday 21st
- Deadline for nominations will close on Thursday 21st December at midnight.
Extension to this deadline may be grated in extenuating circumstance and will only be considered if you contact the office directly on 07717 116115 or email.
- Public voting will be open for two weeks from 12th-26th January via the Proaction Facebook and Instagram pages.
How can I write a successful nomination?
Here are our top tips to make your nomination stand out:
- Give yourself enough time to write the nomination – don’t leave it to the last minute! Once the nomination window closes on Thursday 21st December at midnight no further nominations can be made.
- Clearly state at the beginning or your nomination why you think your nominee deserves to win. You can reiterate this at the end of your nomination as well.
- Try and back-up your reasons with specific examples and evidence of why your nominee deserves to win.
- Submit your nomination to just one category – putting the same nomination into multiple categories will not improve your nominees’ chances of winning a prize.
Make your nomination count
To give your chosen candidate the best chance of winning think about what you want to say when you write your nomination. Remember to outline the reason for your nomination, what your candidate has achieved and why you think this person should win. Tell us a story in your entry. Use emotive language. Use specific examples.
If you have any questions or queries please contact us in email@example.com
Good luck everyone,
Proaction Office Team